1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dRD I need some help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by PTorres, Dec 7, 2001.

1. PTorres

PTorres Guest

I am new to the DVD rippin thing. I just bought a Phillips DVD Burnner because they told me that I Can copy DVD movies into a DVD-R /RW and I have only found the process to make DVD's into VCD in 2 CDR's.
    1) Is it worth to own a DVD burnner or a CD burnner is all that I need?
    2)What NERO option (DVD-ROM ISO, DVD-ROM Boot,etc)utility do I have to use to burn the ripped movie into DVD R /RW to make a working DVD.)
    3)Is it possible to make a working DVD-R /RW that would work in most dvd players.
    4) and finally, please tell me how to do the DVD to DVD-R / RW process if you can.
    Thank you for you help, but I am new to this and I am gettinga little frustated because I paid a lot fore the dvd burnner and I don't see the use for it.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I'm not 100% familiar with DVD-2-DVD copy, but this is what I know:

-some movies take more than 4.34GB (or 4.7BB, whatever) that is the limit of DVD-RW and therefor they require extra tweaking (discussed over these forums, use search for detailed info)

Rip the movie with SmartRipper and then use some DVD authoring software like Prassi to create the image and burn it with Nero and then your DVD works with stand-alone DVD players.

3. naja

naja Member

I have a same problem. Let me know if you
    find any solution. Is there anyone out there
    know where to get a free down load of DVD
    burnner ?, thanks.

4. djdrock

djdrock Member

Ptorres...Here are your answers:

1. Yes, it is worth it to have a dvd burner. Is your Phillips a dvd-r (I am sure that it is.)
    2. The absolute best way to extract and burn a dvd (assuming it is under 4.7gig...<standard dvd-r>), is to use DVD Decryptor. ***PLEASE*** read my previous post to "bobo" here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2495

It explains everything you need to know.

3. Yes!!! Just follow my instruction at the above link!
    4. Again, use the above link!

On a side not, get familiar with copying a dvd-5 before you attempt splitting or editing a dvd using IFOedit.

dRD...good advice! Guys, all you need to do is read the forums. Also, here is the best site I have found with almost everything you will need.

http://www.doom9.org/

Naja...when you say dvd burner, I assume you are referring to a dvd-burning program. If so, try this link:

http://www.burnworld.com/software/dvdburning/dvdburning.htm

Good luck guys!!!