1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dRD..need help..left and right sides of movie are cut...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by shingo, May 15, 2002.

1. shingo

shingo Member

Dear dRD,

I seem to have gotten pretty good at this vcd making thing. I only have 1 problem to solve before i can make a perfect vcd. First off,my tools that i use are:
    TMPGEnc
    VirtualDub
    Nero

The format and templates i am using are:

Video CD (PAL)
    4:3 625line (PAL)
    Full Screen (Keep aspect ratio)

My problem is that when i test the vcd on my dvd player, a little bit of the left and right hand sides of the screen is unviewable. It wouldnt be too noticeable but i am converting Anime with subtitles. If the subtitles are long, then a word or two on the left and right side of the screen is cut off.I tried using "Center Keep aspect ratio) but thats even worse.Is there a way that the entire subtitle can be seen? Any help or hints would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First of all, DON'T SPAM THE BOARD. Ask your questions only once or you get banned. Permanently.

Secondly (this is the last time I answer if someone violates the spam rule) does the VCD show correctly on your PC? If so, your DVD player/TV is the one to blame. There are certain ways to avoid this, like resizing the picture to be slightly smaller than the VCD resolution and to use centering settings and maintaining the picture size.

3. shingo

shingo Member

Thanks for your response.i dont know what spam means but now i do. the reason i posted on more than one section is because i wasnt sure which section my question should go.several of them seemed to fit the criteria. so i put it in the sections in which i felt would get a response. but if this is illegal i apologize. wont happen again. The vcd does show correctly on my pc. when you said to resize the picture to be smaller than the vcd, how do i do this?Do i do it on my dvd player/tv or when i am making the vcd(TMPGEnc)? which settings do you think would be the most appropriate to use? Thanx for the help by the way.