1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dRD

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by armson, Aug 29, 2004.

1. armson

armson Guest

who is the almighty, dRD, whats he do, how come i never see any threads by him, except for the manditory ones like the rules, how come he never answeres questions?

where r u dRD

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I might answer here for now.

I'm 27-year-old Finnish web developer (with seriously twisted database fetism as I think databases and SQL are cool ;-) male with two kids and a partner who I've lived with for over 7yrs. I've lived most of my adult life outside of Finland, most recently for 3.5yrs in London, but I moved back to Finland in April this year.

AfterDawn.com is sorta "my baby" as the basic idea and most further tweaks have been dreamed up by me and I've also done all of the programming for the site as well, including forums, etc. I don't do graphics, I can't draw anything, so for further info on that one, look at the link flip218 provided. As AfterDawn is nowadays a company, I'm the CEO of the company, although I prefer "webmaster" anyway.

Oh yes, I'm always of interested of freelance/contract web development roles around the world, feel free to PM me ;-)

how come he never answeres questions?

I spend about 16 to 20hrs a day in front of computer, doing my "real life job", coding new features to AfterDawn, searching news, writing guides, updating software items, finding more work to do, answering to support emails, selling ad space, reading news, reading tech docs, etc. And I have 5-year-old and 4-month-old kids. Oh yes, occassionally I sleep, but as I think its a bad habit (yes, I do smoke over 30 cigs a day, but that's a different story..) I try to do it as rarely as possible. Summary: I simply don't have time to visit forums very often and I have -- and other admins have as well -- left it pretty much fully in the hands of our extremely capable moderators.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  4. armson

armson Guest

sweet, thanks for the info man

dan