1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRE for one game, but not another?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by decoys, Apr 25, 2005.

1. decoys

decoys Member

So I adjusted the potentiometer and its resting currently at about 180 ohms. Here's my new problem:

It selectively plays games.

I ran Resident Evil and played it for a good 15 hours. I ran Super Mario Sunshine and played that for maybe another 3-4 hours. Now this wasn't consecutive but over time.

I put in RE4 and it loads the movie and title screen all the way up to where I SHOULD start controling the game through Leon, but locks up black right before and I can't even hard reset. And so I tried TNMT and that locks up at the memory card retry/continue screen every time.

Now what? Is there something else I can do before carrying my tail between my legs back to Nintendo for an overpriced problem that the cube shouldn't be having in the first place?

Help...

2. Ize

Ize Regular member

what are you using to play?

Best thing right now is full sized DVD+R i have had 0 DREs since i started using them. POP2, MarioParty 4,5,6 , Paper Mario, 007 Rogue Agent, Neverything or nothing, Spinter cells : Pandora and Chaos Theory, RE4, Time splitter.....

3. decoys

decoys Member

I have to fix the gamecube before I start modding it. I'm talking the basic system; no more, no less. My friends and I are actually playing Def Jam 2 right now and it runs, why not much else? Any suggestions?

4. Ize

Ize Regular member

Media has little quirks..