1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DREAMBOX 500 EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Colossus1, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

I now get my DM500C accessing channels due to the installation of a file I was sent. Great I think. The file was DM500C-UK.IMG

I am getting some freezing. Is this normal?. I thought I would test the connection to to a hard drive and threfore connected to a laptop with a RJ45. I then went into the record or settings part to select hard drive. Nothing happens and no options.

I have also tried to get into the ADDONS screen. All I get when I select the blue button from the tv mode is a simple plugins screen with no options. There are no way of selecting on to an addons screen.

I wonder whether I have all the correct images and files installed and EMU keys. 1 of the 2 EMU keys says inactive

Are there any other files which I need to instal onto the box to get full access. As I say the only image I have installed on the box is the one I have attached. I was sent this and I do not know whether it is Gemini or another. All I know is that it gives me the channels when others would not.

Finaly, I have typed the IP address for the box into my web browser and the box settings do come up on my screen. I do not however notice any options on the box or tv to go into the internet or access a connected hard drive. I think that I do not have all of the correct files as this box surely has more functionality that it present shows.

Would you be kind enough to either send me or direct me to exactly what files I need to get both these boxes accessing all UK channels. Please also let me know where I can get EMU keys etc.

I have read the many forums and guides and I am just plain stuck as I do not know what files work and what dont. There is so much info out there that is not clear that you can easily get stuck

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Try this image DREAM UK 1.6. It has a record plugin.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14919870/Dreambox1.6.rar

3. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

Cheers Fekker. Just downloaded the file. Do I need to flash erase or just flash it over the top of 1.5.

4. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

Unfunately it still hasnt worked. I have installed the file and rebooted followng Selection of Tuner. Still no blue button extras or addons. Is there a specific site or forum dedicated to Dreambox (not the Dreambox website though as this is no help and has no forum)

5. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

http://www.dreambox4u.com/