1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500C fuctionality

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Colossus1, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

I have recently purchased a Dreambox 500C. I originally had problems getting Bruteforce to work. There seemed to b a problem and I therefore installed a file which was kindly put on Rapidshare. My programs (including encryted channels) are all working.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me please:

- How often (generally if at all) will it be necessary to connect to the internet or download new software to keep accessing these channels o can I access update with codes to transfer to the box without a connection.
    - Is there any way of accessing channels from abroad. If so where would I find the software and can I get it to the box using the Null cable modem (as I did with the original file). Is there a site where this info can be found
    - Is it possible to have more than the 230 cannels I current get. I was told that you could get 5000 channels with this box.

Is to easy to record to a hard drive.

Cheers

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You can only get the channels that your CC broadcasts down your cable. To receive foreign channels you would need the Dreambox 500S (satellite version). You shouldn't need to update it very often, and yes, it has to be connected to a PC to do so. Recording to a HD on your PC is fairly easy and is detailed in the Dreambox.rar I put on Rapidshare. The new Dreambox due out (600C) will have a hard drive interface in it to enable you to install a hard drive internally and use it as a PVR.

3. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

Cheers Fekker

Will I need to update my 500C though regularly.

So that I can get foreign channels, I might use my existing dish (not current connected) instead and buy a 500S.

Will this need a permanent PC connection though or just every now and again for updates.

Can I aso record programs to the hard drive.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The software should update the keys, so probably not.

Same as above.

Yes.