1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox 800 hard drive

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by shoftuk, Aug 2, 2011.

1. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

i recently purchased a toshiba 250g hard drive for my dreambox which is flashed with enigma 2 i fitted it as per the manuel i then pressed blue button and then device manager and the drive showed up i pressed ok then selected initialise/format after a while it said finished but when every time i press to record i just keep getting the message no hdd or hdd not initialised can anyone help please ive tried to format it again but same result

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

is this an internal or external drive. i have had similar issues and in all cases it has been that the hard drive has been faulty.

3. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

its an internal hard drive and i purchased it new off ebay it came in a sealed packet so im assuming its ok

4. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

Open Dcc, create a folder called movies in media\hdd, should look like this \media\hdd\movies, you'll have to map it in your box too, worth a shot

5. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

ok thanks will try it

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

good idea. would be interesting to see if any file structure has been created when the disk was initialized. you should be able to see this in /media/hdd/

7. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

This is what I had to do, main thing was to create the movies folder and map it. Not sayin it will work but worth a shot. Another thing I've seen ppl do is d/l Gparted live and format the hdd to Ext3 with it to get it working