1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox 800hd clone wont boot

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tongs007, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

hi all bought the box already flashed was working ok until i updated earlier now its stuck on boot screen. all i know is that it has nemesis v.2.3 ( i think its a v its like a squiddle lol) and enigma 2. think i need a reflash and have tried to via the web browser but it keeps saying invalid image. can someone help me out please as i only got it yesterday. oh and when its back up and running will my cline be ok? :( thanks to all who can help. feel free to pm me if needs be
    p.s sim 201 team#2

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Are you sure your box is "sim 201 team#2" ?.You may need to reflash with a suitable image you could try : www.dm800sim2.com for an image
    cheers!

3. piopat

piopat Active member

if you bought the box with the c line allready installed and the box has to be reflashed (which it seems it does )the c line will be gone ,in that case i would contact your supplier and tell them the box has developed a problem . they may advise you send it back to them .

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

the blokes gonna sort it ive been intouch coz it went worse than the original post lol. But he never warned me about updating. seems like a nice guy in all honesty. just worried about giving him my cline 6 month. p.s i bought the cline at my home and did install it via fxp and was working fine. can he take my months off me or should i trust him?

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

the cline was never on his box when it was sent to me. i got the box and inputted the cline myself. box went tits up, seller will sort it for free and said he will put my clines in it and get it all working to how it was before i updated. ( so he wants my clines to put it in the appropriate boxes, even though i know how to do that) but i honestly think he's trying to put things right. what do you reckon guys?

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

needs to be a .nfi image. did you unzip/unrar the image before you tried to lash it

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

fashed it with .nfi 1st things looked ok but must have flashed with wrong img as i got friggin london bridge with a penguin on top looking for polish sats( linux i know). put another img on and now get error no ca. like i say its going back to the bloke who should have told me not to update. i flash wii's psp's ps3's and know not to update my xbox. but having a kryptview in the past when the dm said i need an update i just went for it. as the box is solely a Dodgy box. ignorant i know. Stupid yeah

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yes mate im not silly. although it sounds like i am. just wish he said don't update.

9. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

you live and you learn tongs its all good fun but for future reference if you decide to swap boxes go for a blade far easier to keep updated and no messin with images ect.

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i know mate i was after a blade as it looked a piece of p*ss to flash but i couldn't get hold of one. anyway i'm off to the post office. just hope he can save my cline

11. piopat

piopat Active member

if you bought a c line seperately i would imagine it was sent to you via email or pm ,if so did you keep the email or pm ? if you did you still have the c line. if you didnt keep any refference to your c line email or otherwise you have to contact the c line provider and ask him if he will supply you with the c line details again ,once you reflash the box any saved info within it is lost including the c line .

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Yeah still got the email. I was just worried as he will be putting them in via his computer and the box will get assigned with his ip address then i get the box back back with my ip address and Well i dunno Thought the providers might have Thought i was using it on 2 boxes? But i guess Il be Ok as long as he doesn't connect it at his house to watch the premium channel's?

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Yeah still got the email. I was just worried as he will be putting them in via his computer and the box will get assigned with his ip address then i get the box back back with my ip address and Well i dunno Thought the providers might have Thought i was using it on 2 boxes? But i guess Il be Ok as long as he doesn't connect it at his house to watch the premium channel's?

14. piopat

piopat Active member

as long as the c line is only running on one box the server shouldnt have a problem with it ,also when you get the box back if dhcp is enabled it will revert back to your ip address .

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

phew. thanks man

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

goes back to atghawkin said earlier. if you get 'no ca found' then it is because image is not supported by clone box. you must always know what bootloader your clone supports before ever flashing an image to it. this is normally clearly identified to you when you buy the box. the you flash an image based on the bootloader support. alternatively you buy a more upto date sim card for the dm800

17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

or don't try and fix something that isn't broke :)

18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

now that i agree with :). however what an impossible thing to live by :). its the only way you learn :)

19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

but SOME (like the idiot who started this thread) learn the hard way.

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ddp could you ban this dude for trying to sell gear on afterdawn. its funny only so many times. look at the thread title and see if think the response is relevantt