1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 800hdpvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Hubabubas, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Guys,

Three things I need to know, 1 what cam to use, 2 where to get same cam,
    3 how to install. I have the unit working on free to air, have cline, just need the extra bit of info, i have tried to input it into cccam without any luck. thanks in advance.

2. piopat

piopat Active member

if your only using a c line cccam will do ,what image do you have on your box (the image is the tv software )if we know what image you have we can instruct you better on how to install cccam .to find out what image you have power the box off and then back on again and look at the tv screen ,it should display the image name such as gemini (the gp) ,nabilo /dreamelite /pli etc .

you also need to download dream control center so you can put the c line into cccam.cfg ,you can download it from link number one of my signature area .here is a thread that will help you understand the basics
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...o_setting_up_a_dm500s_for_cardsharing-846800/

3. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

piopat,

I'm using "Lite" its the one fintannl gave me to use, i have it loaded, with enigma 2.
    when i go into addons to change the cams there is only one "common".
    I can connect to DCC and get the connection ok, I have tried transfering the cccam in ftp but no joy, then Var.dir, then etc but no cam.fg there. Not sure what cccam to use,or what section to put it in, when I do tranfer and try to read it it comes up like &*^_$%^£ unable to read,?

i have all the channels loaded, but can only get the Free 2 Air.

Unlike the 500s which is relatively simple to setup, when you follow your tut.

The 800hdprv do you use the same DCC as per 500s? i'm using 1332 to flash the "Lite" software.

I hope that helps in some way,

Thanks

4. piopat

piopat Active member

if you dont see cccam.cfg in var/etc and you only see common interface it would seem cccam is not installed ,and yes using dream control center is pretty much the same with all dreaboxes expect perhaps viles can be in different folders .

if fintann advised you to use the image he obviously has experience with it so he is perhaps the best person to ask about the problem your having ,you can try downloading the same image from a different source and trying again either that or change the image .

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

huba, download cccam here https://rapidshare.com/files/2330294709/enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.1.4_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk
    now download flashfxp http://www.flashfxp.com/download.php

install and open flashfxp. when it opens (30 day trial) click on the lightening icon at the top middle of the flashfxp screen. Put in the IP of your dreambox in the 'server or url' field, leave the port as 21, put in username root and password dreambox. click connect. On the right side of the screen you see the dreambox linux file structure. on the left side you see your own computer files. on the right side double click on the /tmp folder. On the left side locate the cccam plugin i have put on rapidshare for you. right click on this file and select the 'transfer' option. So now it is transferred to the dreambox.

Next long press the blue button on the dm800 remote control. this will give you ipk installer as an option. select this and it will ask you if you want to install cccam. do so. next in flashfxp go to /var/etc and locate cccam.cfg (in the right side of the flashfxp screen). Right click on it and select edit. delete everything in this file and write in simply your cline. Save and exit. Fi=nally switch from common interface to cccam and away you go

6. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl

thanks for the info, but im stuck on ipk installer, when i press the blue button i get a menu with files, but no ipk file there, ahh i should have said "its a Dream Elite with enigma 2" thats loaded. Thanks

7. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

You shouldn't need the ipk then. Press green, yellow, addons download manager, dreamelite image cams, select the cam you want ( full version ) and d/l. Ftp to the box and edit your cccam config file, happy days.

Ps. if you can't connect for some reason, you could try the TS Panel

8. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

lukeian5

If it was that easy i would done it 4 weeks ago,It is a bit more than that.

It could be the image, but i have it from a good source "fintannl" so i would say its good. Its obvious I'm doing something wrong, its just a matter of putting a finger on it.
    As i have said all FTA are ok, sly chans are there,but not there is you get my drift.

The process i'm using is as follows. Opening the FlashFXP4, down loading to the temp folder the cams, from my c drive that was loaded, this is were it gets sticky, pressing the blue button should give me the settings with the ipk installer, but its not there,what is visible is several lines with other management tools etc.

9. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

I know finnannl is a good source !!! when you said you were using dreamelite, I assumed it was the lastest image (pheonix), my bad, obviously not.

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

huba, my fault, had to go research as i haven't used this image in years. so you put cccam ipk in /tmp. then you press green button, select the addons option, then the manual install option and install the ipk i uploaded to rapidshare for you. put cccam.cfg in /var/etc and activate cam

11. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl,
    do i connect to the tv or pc to do this, to download the cccam ipk?

when i do the above, its shows on tv Nothing to "install" I have gone wrong some were.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thats a start. download the cccam version i put on rapidshare for you. open flashfxp and connect to your dreambox as i described above. on the left half of the flashxp screen locate the cccam ipk on your pc harddrive. on the right side of the flashfxp screen double click on the /tmp folder. now on the left hand side right click on the cccam ipk file and select the transfer option. you will now see it transferred and available on the right hand side of the screen. now using your remote manually install it

13. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl

I have done all that still no joy,

when i transfer to the temp i can see the files.

I deleted everything in the file and put the cline in.
    I press the green button, get addons and i can see the cams loading.
    then when i go to change them it has 0 cams, and is still on comm, hope that helps.

I can read cccam providers which has all the channels listed,
    also the cccam info is easly read.

I feel like Homer, at this stage.

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

can we confirm that you did manage to install cccam after transferring it to /tmp and then using your remote control

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

as a matter of interest you should check your loader version to ensure what image you can install. to do so remove power cable from back of dm800, then press button on front of dreambox and while continuing to hold it in put the power cable back into the dm800. you will soon get a message on the display showing an ip address. now use your laptop and type in the ip address shown within your browser. the page displayed will show the current bootloader/ss on your system. please post the value of the bootloader so i can advise on image you can use on your system

16. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

NOT SURE IF IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE IVE GOT A DM 800 HD SET UP AND RUNNING A LINE I HAVE FULL UK 28 E BOQUETS INSTALLED BUT SOME OFF THE CHANS DONT WORK IM SURE IT MUST BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH KEYS BUT DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING ANYONE HELP PLEASE

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you need to rescan as your bouquets are out of date. then copy the latest channel frequencies into your bouquet list

18. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

every time i try to rescan the sat the dreambox crashes and a blue screen says there is a problem with the software dreambox will now close and reboot itself

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

then the image is at fault. you will need to put new image on, load bouquets and cccam information and then rescan

20. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

im a bit weary about putting another image on i only purchased this box about 2 months ago at the time i didnt know it was a clone but what ive read up about it i think it is it has enigma 2 on it ive read you can kill your box with some images thats why im hesitant if you know what i mean