1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamcast emulator for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bruce_50, Apr 27, 2004.

1. bruce_50

bruce_50 Guest

Hi everybody! Does anyone know about a dreamcast emulator for ps2,i got some dreamcast games and i want to know if i can play them in my ps2.
    [bold]Thankz for the help[/bold] :)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 SCPH-39004 (v7 i think),swap magic 3 and slide card. nero 6.dvd decrypter.alcohol 120%.cdrwin 3.9f[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2004
  2. benagain

benagain Regular member

Hmm, I don't think that there is one out at the moment. I could be wrong, but I don't think that the PS2 hardware is strong enough to emulate a Dreamcast. It can barely emulate a Super Nintendo. If you actually find one, be sure to let us know about it.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the ps2 cant read dreamcast cds... if emu comes out it will be a miracle... they still trying to emu it on the pc and after all this time they dont even have a working one... so it wont be out for the ps2... if you be lucky you will be able to see dreamcast emu for pc and thats a MAYBE... a BIG ass maybe...

4. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

what about a emu that allows you to play pc games on your playstation2 is this possible?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you kidding right?... dude use logic lol.... its IMPOSSIBLE to make an 32bit windows application to run on a console... theres no emu for this... well there is but its for mac pcs only... it lets you run windows on mac envirment... and thats all about it lol....

6. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

next thing you know people will be trying to stuff NES cartridges into the cd tray.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yeah lol.... or trying to burn cdrs on cdroms... or dvds in cdroms lol...

8. account

account Guest

or think all wires are the same and you can strip them and make them work on anything! (friend thinks that if you strip an n64 controller you can shove the end of it into a usb port on his computer and it will work as a pc controller lol)

9. spynz

spynz Guest

You both are friggin idiots. You can of course use a 32 bit application on a console machine. First of all dreamcast was based on the windows CE platform. And second of all they have linux and Windows for XBOX. Now they dont have sh*t for the ps2 as far as emulation goes but they do for the dreamcast and xbox. And for the nintendo controller issue.. you can get an adapter that allows you to use in on your computer.. just like you can for the xbox controllers and ps2 controllers.

10. benagain

benagain Regular member

They also have linux for the ps2, but like I said, the hardware just isn't strong enough to handle the load. The PS2 isn't built to run anything other than ps1 and ps2 games, so emulating anything else is a long step. I was surprised that they got a snes and genesis emulator to run, but I think that's about the limit of emulation on the ps2.