1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamcast Emulator w/ Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for PSP...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by DEVINRL, Jul 14, 2007.

1. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i love that on my psp also.. and unlike ps2.. buttons would be perfect! air combos with magnetoo.. aww whos feelin me.. there gots to be a dreamcast emualtor out? daynng.. and if theres any smarties out there.. when do you think ever will be a DC emulator w. MVC2.. thats what im waitin on. if its even possible.. speed wise.. xmen vs. street fighter and marvel vs. capcom can keep up.. part 2 should also..

2. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

theres not one out YET. :)

that would be cool to see one. but theyre already trying to perfect the Deadalus N64 emu. DREAMCAST should take EVEN LONGER!!!

plus, the ISOs would be HUGE!!

but i wish the same man.

someday....someday..... :)

3. 25cK5nah2

25cK5nah2 Member

Are you serious about emulating the dreamcast into psp? Comeon now, nintendo 64 took awhile to code, and you want dreamcast? I dont even think the psp can even handle the dreamcast(or can it?).

4. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Well, powerstone wasn't that much of a stretch for the psp..
    If ever there was a DC emu for the psp, my biggest jones for it would be Jet Set Radio.

5. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

haha jet grind radio would be sickk too.. i agree with powerstone bein on psp.. who cares if the isos huge.. ill buy a new memory stick for mVC2 anyday.. dreamcast is pretty old.. someone needs to crack sommethin outt.. that would be the day

6. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

PS...any of you guys know the best way to play rival schools.. or school rivals.. on psp.. i seen someone do it through a playstation emulator they say... but it wasnt through an emulaotor.. it was the actual game under is mem stick i seen.. sh*t was sickkk...

7. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

I would think that it goes the same as most other psx games:

You've got the data.bin + keys.dat files in a folder in the game folder, and away you go. Maybe a site hosting torrent downloads has enough seeded to grab it.

As far as actually converting the psx disc, I've read tutorials and seen conversion apps. to do the trick.
    Rival Schools would be the ish, tho'. Agreed.

8. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Oh, and make sure that if you've got 3.40 OE'A FW you put the game into the "game" folder, and set the homebrew kernel to 3.40 in recovery mode.

9. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

YEAH.. I LEAVE IT AT 3.40 KERNAL MODE... although game area doesnt workout for me..... only game 150..o n im not talkin bout real psx game throwing it on the comp n converting it.. just downloading the game somehow and playin it through whatevers.. ionoo... that would be syck tho

10. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

You know what seems wierd to me:

I've seen people complain of not being able to run certain ISOs w/out UMD emulation or other 3.40 issues, blahblahblah.
    I've never had a single issue running anything (UMD ISOs, emus, psx games, etc.) on 3.40 - it's fantastic.

nostalgia only reaches so far back, tho'. I can still enjoy fftactics or ff7. Even certain snes games. But genesis or turbografx or the such... doesn't hold the same allure as it did 10 years ago..

11. newarkman

newarkman Member

i agree with you dole, 3.40oe is the best..all the newer games require it, an it works with most emulators or apps..i really like the PSPradio thing..get that newest file,drop it in the 340 game folder,and if you're near a hotspot or in your home with a wireless router you have a handheld radio that gets more stuff than xm radio

12. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

No doubt.
    Another thought:
    I've got a handfull of friends that have the ta-082 mobos on their psps, and I just wish there was a way to down/upgrade to custom FW without needing a GTALCS or Lumines disc, since I have neither.

13. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

there is a way to downgrade.. depending on what firmware they have.. i fixed up my friends 2.60... upgraded it to 2.71... then use the 2.71 ta-082 motherboard downgrader... hahah!! all in the name baby!! go find it on google.. and you can be chargin them to fix it up! haha nahh. get back if you have problems

14. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Definitely. I have the 2.71 ta-082 d-grader files, but I've got one friend with a 2.81, and another with a 3.50.

15. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

i see.. well lumines and grand theft auto liberty city stories unpatches are your only hope.. but actually.. my friend used to downgrade 1.5... i think they have something out now so you can get to 1.5 from those firmwares.. actually.. maybe not for those motherboards though... the GAMES would patch the bug before anything.. ahh well... keep the homebrew undergrounddd. ;]

16. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Got an unpatched gtalcs yesterday. Nice!