1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreamcast

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gypsylady, Feb 26, 2003.

1. gypsylady

gypsylady Member

i know this is a ps2 forum...but i couldnt find one for dreamcast...probably because it is so outdated...

im trying to locate a walk-thru on how to backup dreamcast games using disc juggler...anyone know?

2. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

I'm no expert (having not owned a DC) but, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that you could'nt backup DC directly, rather a 'Group' reverse engineered a DC CD drive to work with a PC so they could read the 1gig proprietry discs which the DC used. They then created CDR's (ripping where the data was over 800m) for the masses.

Or I could be talking out of me a**. ;)

3. gypsylady

gypsylady Member

wow....i mean WOW...

i have no clue what any of that means hehe.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Filo you have the jist of it. Basically what people do with the Xbox was done with the DC (easiest way to explain).

But once you have made a disc then it is a simple straight backup using DJ.

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

My understanding is that you have to use either the DC Coders Cable or get a Broadband adapter and connect your Dreamcast to the PC. The Coders Cable connect the serial port on the Dreamcast to a serial port on your PC, although, the Broadband adapter connection is faster and can be connected to any computer network hardware. Once this is accomplished, you will have to find the Dreamcast and PC software that allows you to start up the Deamcast in "transfer" mode and sends all of the data on the GD-ROM to the PC instead of running it.