1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamweaver 8 Web site design

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by PALToNTSC, May 9, 2007.

1. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

Hi guys,

i hope someone is interested in this thread cuz i'm trying to create a web site on dreamweaver 8 but i'm still new. any help will be appreciate.

i did the graphic design on photoshop and i import it into dreamweaver 8. my question now is, if i can add text "on top" of the graphic in dreamweaver 8 and how.

i tried to do the text on photoshop on top of the graphic but after you compress the graphic the quality is very bad for the text.

so, anyone know how to do the text on top of the graphic in dreamweaver ??

thank you

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You could try Dreamweaver CS3. It is supposed to have better integration with PhotoShop. Should be able to paste with layers. Speaking of layers, that is basically it. You can set the image as a background (table or DIV) then have the text over the top. Problem is that you don't have the control with fonts that you do with images. You could also layer different images, with the text as a transparent image over the top. Problem there is that IE other than v7 doesn't support transparent png's properly, so you would need to use gif's which look crappy.

3. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I love Dreamweaver and I user it everyday, and I am getting better and better. I am also learning PHP.

The best way I think is to experiment, and go to tutorials, Tutorials Here and read etc.

If you want text on top of a graphic, the only way I know how to do it easily on design view, there are other ways with html etc., but on Dreamweaver design view you got to set the graphic as a background image in the particular table row/column (I trust you are using tables for design?) If you do not want to have the background repeat on that particular row/column you need to create its own individual CSS script, that can also be used with other row/columns obviously.

Anyway just set the image as a background in the particular row/column and NOT the entire page, and then you can type on top of it.

EDIT: If you don't know how to do this, tell me here, I am sleepy now so I wont bother telling you now, as I am going to have to take screenshots, and cannot be bothered.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  4. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

thanx for helping guys

about the background as image than adding the text, yes i'm using tables for my images and i would like to set just one table like a background than write text on it. if you know how step by step it will be better and faster for me than going to the help options and start looking.

thanx again

5. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Check back at this thread tomorrow, and I wil,l have it up for you by then.