1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driv3r backup works... but strangely. Help please.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by BTW1217, Aug 10, 2004.

1. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

I recently burnt what I thought were 11 coasters trying to make a backup of Driv3r. Well, I put a copy in tonight to try it a second time just because I was bored, and bam, it worked. I used DVD Decrypter to burn and I used Sony DVD+Rs and so far, the game works flawlessly. The strange thing is though, I have to put the disc in the same certain position every time I use Swap Magic. Is there a trick to Swap Magic that I should know about? I never got any instructions with it. Do I put every game in that certain position (90 degrees to the left I believe) to get it to work? Or do I have to find each game's "sweet spot"? Or is my Swap Magic just weird? I wonder if I just burnt 11 copies of Driv3r 0_o ... Driv3r is my only backup right now, and I threw the "coasters" away, so I can't test another game. Anyone know enough about Swap Magic to help me?

2. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

Nevermind, I just realized that all those other times I wasn't inserting it all the way, and that it couldn't spin the disc... The only reason it seemed like it was doing it in that one certain posistion is because when I tried to get it in that position I was unknowingly actually putting it so that it could spin. I'm a retard. But now I can enjoy backups. Sorry for wasting the time of whoever reads this. maybe it'll help someone.