1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive 78 flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by hack01, Dec 18, 2007.

1. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I am flashing the 78 drive. I was able to get it into MODE B w/the SLAX cd and I can find it in windows. I followed the tutorial and the video found in 360mods.com and everything went smoothly until I clicked on the “Raw Dump Firmware As". I click on it and save it as original like tutorial says. It asked me to check if the dump is good so I press ok and then it gives me errors of a bad dump. Has anyone had this problem. Can someone tell me whats going wrong w/this. I followed everything step by step w/the video and tutorial. I even went over it a few times,but still didnt work keep telling me it was a bad dump,but can figure out why. Any and all replies w/help would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks to all that reply

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

did you have a dvd movie or game in thr drive, because i am sure that is needed. just try a few times, restart the computer, are you using a via pci card?? do you have other sata? maybe conflicting with the dump.

3. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Had a movie in the drive and I am using a SATA card. I had used this card before to flash a 59 drive witch I also used the slax cd. For both drives I used the same SLAX CD,is detected in windows but when its time to flash no go. I think it might be the drive. I tried restarting the flash over from booting from the slax cd and even reseting the computer and starting w/the drive still in MODE B,but still nothing. I follow the video and tutorial,but Im not sure.

4. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Got any ideas???????????????

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am not sure if it will work but when i flash a 78 drive, i hook everything up(obviously), but i always turn on the computer a few seconds later, i will turn the xbox on(with movie or game in drive) and then when slax says spinning up disc, i open the dvd drive but then you have to push it three times for it to stay shut. let windows load, detect the drive, and boot up firmware tool box and then continue on with raw dumping the firmware.
    also what version of firmware toolbox are you using because the one i use is 4.0 if your using the new 4.6 maybe that is the problem but i would just use an older one because even the new firmware are getting banned so that doesnt even really matter anymore.

6. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

you might also try open/close the 360 drive a few times when windows loading...specifically while the windows bar is loading. i've read that not doing this has caused problems with the firmware dump/flash. just a thought