1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive d is inaccesible, incorrect funtion---------why? And how to fix it?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by billybob, Jun 16, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey.

Im on a toshiba equium M70. The drive is a crappy Matishita or something, cant remember the name, if thats really neccesary ill check.

Right, i use daemon tools etc,and use virtual drives alot. Just in case that can help with the diagnosis.

I also burn alot of cds. However, recently, whenever i put a cd or dvd in, autoplay and everythign comes up as normal, giving me options with nero and to just open up the disc in explorer. When i choose the latter option, it says "drive d is inaccesible. Incorrect function". Whenever i try to access the drive with explorer, that same message occurs.

When i try to burn things to discs with Nero or anything else, i just get a "burn process failed" notice.

Ive tried to uninstall all the IDE drivers etc, but it doesnt work.
    please help?

If i reinstall windows it will probably work because it has happened before, but i cant do that right now. I need to burn some data too a disc urgently. Please help.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

sure sound like something failing in that drive to me... as in hardware dying... especially if it has led a hard life.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello Billy,

have you tried uninstalling the drive itself, just a thought

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

yes mate, thanks anyway