1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive F: and G:

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Doyle2727, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

i recently bought a chipped xbox (xecuter2 chip) with games etc for £25 bargain! but less of the good stuff and on to THE question..

my F and G drives both say unavailable and i was wondering if one of you nice enuff ppl could help me in gettin them avaiable or at least let me kno wether they may have been disabled in order to get some programs workin.

Programs running.. avalaunch, XBMC, boxplorer, emulators etc etc.. just let me kno if u need to kno anymore

and as i dont kno hardly anything about modding an xbox or the like im tryin to get the most out of it and learn on the way so any hlp is appreciated =)
    Thanx in advance :)

2. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

was lookin thru settings etc on avalaunch and found that the g drive was already enabled and the f wasnt so i made the f drive enabled but still no luck.. they both still say unavailable. but my brains boggled enuff now so im off ta see the sand man and hope the lovely forum fairy brings me my wishes for 2moro :D :D :D

Cheers all

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

F and G:\ are only available if you have upgrade the HDD (like a 80Gb, etc) otherwise all the space is already taken by the C, E and X,Y,Z drives!

If you are new to modding, have a read through all my tutorials

4. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

ok cool beans that answers my frustration :)

i did have a flick thru yesterday and ill kno exactly where to look now if i need help thanx chunkhead

5. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

just whilst i remember.. if i wanted to upgrade my hdd.. i take it i would have to get rid of the old one? thing is i dont want the hassle of puttin all the files on to the new hdd and cos i kno id mess something up lol

so is it possible to have 2 hdds in the xbox without the hassle of all that? or can it only accept one at a time?

thanx

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can do two, but it's highly unstable and ugly.

My guides will show you how install the new drive correctly, so you can't stuff that up.

As for re-installing the software, again, use my guides to

1) Softmod

2) Format the G:\

3) Use AID v4.10 to install all the software you need automatically!

SIMPLE!!!

7. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

Ok Cheers mate YOUR A STAR