1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive Region Changed by DVD Decrypter?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Rdavid, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Rdavid

Rdavid Member

While working with DVD DECRYPTER yesterday a window appeared stating that possible region protection was detected. It asked me to select the region which was listed on the dvd cover. At the bottom it stated that this would not effect my drive region settings. It only gave me an OK button so with that supplied information I ensured that region 1 was selected and clicked OK. IT LIED!!! After working with DVD DECRYPTER I checked and sure enough the drive which I was using was changed from 0 (not set) to Region 1. I realize that I still have 4 more changes to this drive allowed but I am concerned that in the future changes will be made to my drive with this program without my knowledge.
    What happens if I am working with a DVD that has more than one region selection, but is not region free, will this once again change my drive region setting?
    As this drive is only about 6 months old, how do I reset the drive after all of the 5 changes are made, and no further changes will be allowed?
    I appreciate your assistance in this matter. It is true that To my knowledge I will only be working with Region 1 or Region Free discs, but I am concerned non the less.
    Rdavid

2. soup1

soup1 Member

Did you post this exact same question on another Forum, where it was not only answered by some members, but also the author himself?

3. Rdavid

Rdavid Member

very observant Junior member, I posted this question in different places because in times past I have posted a question on one site, and weeks later no one responded, so I would have to look elsewhere. I was always told that you cannot ask too many questions. Thanks for your patience.