1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive region mismatch - shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cidra, Feb 24, 2007.

1. cidra

cidra Guest

I have dvds from both the usa & other countries. When attempting to backup I get the msg "drive region mismatch". The msg states that I can change my drive only 2 more times. Once I change this # of times, what happens? Is there a way around this so that I can back-up my stuff?

Thanks for any assistance! I'm a newbie to this site!

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Yes, after you change the region code on you DVD Burner 5 times it will lock to the last region code you specified. The way around this is to use a program to break the region and CSS code. AnyDVD is good for this and you can find it here: http://www.slysoft.com another good program is DVD Region+CSS Free and you can find that here: http://dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm One more that I have never used but is inexpensive is DVD Region Unlock Codes, you can find that here: http://www.dvdunlocker.com/movies/?pu=false

If you do a google search I'm sure that you can find more. I have AnyDVD because it is worth every penny. The program is updated regularly.

The only other option that you are left with is to get another burner and set it to one region code and the second burner to another region code. Personally for the money I would rather get a program that takes care of it for me. The first two I mentioned above are good programs that I know are updated regularly. The last one I mentioned I have no idea.

Good luck!

3. cidra

cidra Guest

Thanks so much! I will follow your suggestions.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Anydvd will pull off the region code. There's another thing to factor in-the format of your dvds. There's NTSC which is what the USA, Japan,and some others. Then there's PAL,which it mostly european and australia,and some other countries.

If you run into that format issue,there's other ways around it.They can be transfered from 1 to the other.

There's some hacked firmware out there that'll set your drive region free. Just post back the brand name,model#,and current firmware version of your dvd-rw drive.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Saugmon beat me to the topic of PAL and NTSC. A friend wanted a PAL region 2 converted to NTSC region 1. He was in luck. I have 2 programs that do a good job. Nero Vision and ConvertXtoDVD do the conversion and burn the DVD. Besides the AnyDVD and Region Free, there's freeware that does the region correction. RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter (it's part of RipIt4Me), and DVD Shrink. I set the output for region free. I got a drive once that was still region free. The software kept prompting for a region, so I gave in. But with all the software available, region code isn't a problem.