1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drive speed of the xbox 360s ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mikald79, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

kinda strange i have 2 flashed xboxs , one is a hitcahi 47 and the other is the ms28, i find that my hitachi is double the speed of the ms28 durin loadin phases of my games. The hitachi just a faster drive?

also, im not sure this will effect the game speed but....all the games i run on the MS28 are burned on the dual layer discs that have a very slow write/burning speeed. Could it be the disc itself cuasein the slow down?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It's the firmware on the ms28. What version is on it?

The latest out is Xtreme 5.2. And with 5.2 there are 4 versions of it with different read/speed modes:

- 5.2a - always fast read
    - 5.2b - always slow read
    - 5.2c - fast read by default
    - 5.2d - slow read by default

With 5.2 c and d, the default read speed can be switched to the opposite by inserting then ejecting an original 360 or Xbox1 game disc.

3. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

its 52.a , and it seems to be going slowly....how can i speed it up?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

You could try a different firmware.
    My Samsung works just fine, i only have one so i do not have a Hitachi to compare it to, but with all the systems i have, i do have a general idea about DVD drive loading speeds. Mine spins for about 2-3 seconds and then it loads right up at normal speed for a DVD.