1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive to Drive Copy F32 to NTFS

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kpinegar, Feb 18, 2007.

1. kpinegar

kpinegar Guest

I have a Windows Media Center laptop formatted as Fat32. I have a desktop pc with wxp home. On the desktop I have a 2nd drive formatted with ntfs that is shared over my home network. The drive has 4 partitions of which one is reserved to backup my laptop. When I used maxblast 4.0's drive to drive copy or partition to partition the program crashes. MAxblast works on other copies, so I am wondering if this has to do with trying to copy from fat32 to ntfs. Any comments? Thanks.

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Could be, why did you format with fat32 on your laptop?

3. kpinegar

kpinegar Guest

Give me some credit. It came pre partitioned with 2 fat32 partitions. Main and data. Acer did that. Never paid much attention til now. I know I can easily convert to ntfs. As soon as back it up, I'll give it a go. I backed it up a while back using maxblast with out a problem (on an external drive - not networked). Maybe going across the network is the prob - maybe some preinstalled acer software is blocking. tks.

4. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Oh, I didn't mean any offense, I just thought you needed for linux or some other reason.

Changing it like you said might just be the best thing you can do. How big is the harddrive?

5. kpinegar

kpinegar Guest

2 partitions. 60gb each.

6. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

yeah, just as long as you have space to backup your data to an alternate source.