1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by iani_2006, Dec 5, 2007.

1. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

I got an HP Pavilion XT983 it has an Athlon 1.4 GHz Processor i was using it for several hours i swithched it off when i switched it back on the operation system didnt start just a blank blick screen after the HP logo was shown now am trying to put a new operation system but when the blue screen for me to choose either enter to continue or F3 to exit from the installation appears after 2 seconds anther blue screen appears and the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message is shown. What could that be from ? The hard drive is new and i changed the RAM.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Have you changed those components SINCE the error? The new RAM may be causing a problem. If they worked fine before, it may be a problem with the motherboard.

3. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

I changed the RAM after the problem occured also i have tried them on both slots. Well i will see about that when my tester for CPU Dignosis arrives i dont know if it is good enough to find the problem but i will give a try and get back to you guy if i find an interesting problem.