1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dropped PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bdenbest, Nov 22, 2004.

1. bdenbest

bdenbest Member

I have PS2 ( V9 ) with a MagicV mod chip, it has been working perfectly for 1 year, the other day my son dropped it and now it no longer reads any DVD's or CD's.
    I have tried another laser unit with no success, then tried removing the mod chip and it still doesn't read orignal games, it seems as like the laser unit is spinning to fast.

I have checked all the ribbon cables etc, seems strange why it will not work as I have changed out the laser unit with a known good one and this is the only moving part that could possibly get damaged when dropped.

It looks like it is the main circuit board are there any thing I can check fuses etc, I am very electronic compedent but can't understand what could possibly be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Assclown

Assclown Member

Pretty much the same thing happened to me lastnight man. I had it at a friends house and it was standing upright and his girlfriend walked by and knocked it over. all i get is Disc Read Errors now. Although mine still plays backup CDR games.
    Same setup, V9 Console and a Magic V
    Im still looking for help

3. brendocon

brendocon Member

she breaks your ps2 and if you go bananas she tells you to grow up. vomit in her handbag and you never hear the last of it. i want equal rights for men. we're getting the raw deal here.

4. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

i got lucky (kinda), i installed a clear case w/ fliptop and dropped it like two days later, the eject button and a plastic piece below the ROM tray broke off, luckily everything still works. sorry to hear the bad news.