1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping clients.

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by johnno197, Apr 26, 2012.

1. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Hi,
    Just switched broadband provider from 3 to eircom. Having an issue whereby in cccam.info I seem to be constantly dropping clients. I'll have 15 one minute and as low as 3 the next minute.Its constantlt fluctuating like that. It worked fine with the 3 network, But i was curtailed by their download limit, so I switched to eircom. I have a Clarke Tech/Xtrend ET6000 running cccam 2.2.0. I have Inadyn set up on the receiver with a no-ip account. I also lost my cccam.cfg file about the same time I switched provider.It just disappears every now and then! I reinstalled that and I think I have everything back in place. I am connecting to servers o.k. and receiving pictures but I'm concerned my clients are not connecting to me. Could I be missing something in cccam.cfg?

Thanks.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I think this is a very network specific problem.. it may be they are sharper on dropping connections which reply with long ping or late.

It looks like something is modifying the config file.. the documentation should explain why it does that. Why not set that file read only by everything so it can't be modified?

Not familiar at all with any of this software or networks.. sorry.. can't help. RTFM is probably the only way to work it out, along with communicating with the software devs.

Last edited: May 6, 2012