1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dru500 cant burn to cd-rw

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bdoft, Dec 29, 2002.

1. bdoft

bdoft Guest

Using recordnow dx i cannot burn a cd-rw disk, used both imation and verbatim blanks. Is anyone else having this problem. The recordnow program doesnt recognize the disk, and keeps telling me to insert a blank disk. However, the dru500 does burn well to cd-r. Any suggestions?

2. morant05

morant05 Member

Did you get the latest firmware from the sony storage site?

3. bdoft

bdoft Guest

yes, using firmware 'f'. It is weird, writes to cheap cd-r disks, but not to brand name cd-rw.

4. Coffdog

Coffdog Member

I could be wrong here but I think there was an insert about a couple brand name media types that the sony could not write to and I think Verbatim was one of them? Not sure I would have to look and see. I have not tried either of those brands on my drive yet.

-Coffdog

5. bdoft

bdoft Guest

yes there was something about DVD media inclucing verbatim and pioneer. But, i am talking about cd-rw media. Also, have you successfully burned to cd-rw? If so, what media did you use? Please include as much as you can ie 650mb, 700mb, or model number if you have it in addition to brand name. Thanks.