1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS Firelink problems :(

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Dusug, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Dusug

Dusug Member

ok, first off.
    i bought myself a 8g firelink flashcard, i recieved it a week later, and to my surprise.. it was only a 1g card, even if the sticker on the card said 8. (at least i didn't have to pay for the damn card:p as i managed to get it for free somehow.)

but then I though, maybe if i format the damn card, maybe all the free space will come clear. but nooo.
    and now i got problems starting the games.
    it loads fine until it's about to start up the games. then the screens go white and freez.

anyone got a solution to this problem?

i hust learned that formating the firelink card in windows may cause problems to the card.
    but i don't know how else to format it.
    holding down (A+B+L+R+Down) didn't work for me..

so any solutions woukld be nice:)
    thanks

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

As I don't have a firelink I can't help with most of your problems, but I can tell you why it's only 1GB compared to the 8GB you though you were buying.

Most flashcarts makers advertise the storage in bits not bytes, there are 8 bits in 1 byte, so 8Gb (8 Gigabits) is only 1GB (1 Gigabyte). Unfortunetly there are lots of people who don't know this and buy the cart thinking they're getting more than they really are.

3. Dusug

Dusug Member

ah, ok:p lol, they fooled me big time then:p haha
    guess i'll just buy a new one then.. thanks