1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS flash card

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by 21Q, Feb 11, 2007.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Agreed, don't know what card to get, M3, R4, or G6? Which does what and how? What are the pluses/drawbacks on each. Just getting into the ds scene and looking for a flash cart solution. Thanks.

3. REAM

REAM Guest

the R4DS and m3 simply are the same thing. the m3 sipmly is an OEM of the r4, that has slower and exactly the same updates.

also the R4 is cheaper.

the g6 lite, is a 2 slot solution where the r4 is a one slot.

the g6 lite has built in memory and can play gba games, but the r4 has external memory, (micro sd card) and cannot play gba games.

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I don't know if I necissarily want to be able to play GBA, but that would be nice. I just want something that's as little hassle as possible, and easy to use, and does not stick out of the slot.

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

seems no one has directly answered the question yet.
    answer: yes, all you would require for it to work is a microsd. preferrably at least a 1GB one (...if you're a true gamer.). look online for prices. some can be found cheap, but make sure they are reccommended by the m3wiki first.
    note: the r4 and simply both use microsd and perform the same, as far as i know, so just pretend you have a simply when going through the m3wiki.

then get the r4 or simply. but... why would you NOT want to play the great gba titles??? great system IMHO.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. 21Q

21Q Regular member

great thanks

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Ok, if I were to get one that's GBA compatible, after having done more research on my own, my next set of questions would be as follows. 1) Would be able to get one that would work with GBA w/out requiring the use of both slot 1 & 2 at once? 2) Would one with internal flash be better than with SD? 3) Are there any that I could get an emulator for and play NES/SNES games on?

8. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

1. From what I can tell, slot 2 devices need a passcard in slot 1 to work unless your DS has been flashed.

2. No Idea

3. I haven't used any emulators yet, but from what I've heard, SNES emulators on the DS suck (can't really play anything) and NES emulators work fine.

9. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Alright, appreciate everyone's advice, I'd like to get one that has a flush fitting slot 1 and slot 2 device, but that I don't have to have both to play, but can use both. SD preferable to internal memory. Any recommendations on which one and where to buy, never really bought stuff like that before.