1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS HoBro

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by felixen21, Apr 10, 2007.

1. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=47956&st=0&p=606381&#entry606381

Did anyone try this browser? It seems like a cool idea, but I can't get it to work. I just installed this on my DS, went to whatismyip.com and typed in the IP on the DS. Now on the DS it just says "Initialising WFC", and nothing happens. It's been doing this for like five minutes. So what should I do? I have a router hooked up, and I believe that affects my IP somehow, but I don't know exactly how.. Also, I tried going to "Start->Run->cmd->ipconfig /all", and there I got a different IP than the one from whatismyip.com, but it still didn't work.. Any ideas?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Seems like a good idea, especially for those who leave their computers on all the time. I don't have time at the moment to test this myself, but ther are two things that could cause this from not working correctly
    1. You router may have a built in firewall which is blocking the connection.
    2. you don't have a static IP from your ISP which could cause problems when doing this kind of thing.

Also, you state that you have two different IPs (depending what you checked) that would probablt be as one is the IP from your ISP, and th other your computers IP.

3. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Aight thanks. Do you know what I can do to fix it? Usually when my firewall doesn't like something it asks me if I want to let it allow access or block whatever it's detecting. It didn't ask me anything this time, so I don't know if it's the firewall?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I am referring to a hardwrae firewall that may be in your router, as I do not know what router you hve I cannot be sure if it even has a firewall.

Should it be a firewall in your router though it will not prompt you on your computer when it blocks something, you would have to mnually open the ports yourself, yo can probably access your router settings by typing either "192.168.1.1" OR "192.168.0.1" (no quotes) into your web browser.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  5. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

ah okay, of course. I'll try look at it. I have a linksys but I don't remember which model.

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

If it's linksys, you should be able to connect by typing the address: 192.168.1.1 into your address bar, unless you've changed it your username and pass will be a combination of admin and default(Can't recall which is which) if you have changed it, then you already know. I haven't tinkered with it since setting up wi-fi for my DS/Wii, so I think it's under the 'security' tab. Hope that helps!

I'm going to be tinkering with this a bit tonight, I can't get any of the others to work yet, because I have a new generation slot 1 device, but an old school DS, and there doesn't seem to be anything that will work on that particular combination of devices.... Grrr.

7. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Hmm, I can only see the option to turn off the firewall completely.. Can't I somehow just allow access to the HoBro without turning off the firewall?

Also, a slot 1 device would be something like M3 Simply right? Cause I have that one, and I have the old DS too.. I'm considering buying a DS lite though, and selling my old DS to my brother. if I do that, how will that affect the use of homebrew stuff and all that fun stuff you can do with the M3 simply?

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

Get the DS' ip address, and you can set it as a DMZ, which bypasses all security.

9. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Hehe aight, how do I get the DS' ip?

10. sai120585

sai120585 Member

has anyone tried running this on a supercard lite rumble? i have one and i tried to run it but it doesnt run. it gives me a white screen every time. i even tried patching it! can someone help?

11. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Well, I tried turning off the firewall in the router settings, and I've tried with both my IP's on the DS, and it still doesn't work..

Does anyone know what I can do then?

12. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

anyone? doesn't seem to be the firewall

13. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Oh, also, I can connect to the internet in any online game, so it definitely shouldn't be the firewall

14. trubluhro

trubluhro Member

I need help, when I open the server and press start the next window dosen't show up. Maybe I need to download something?

15. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

wow dude that thing is cool man! ive gotta try that sometime. have they updated the version or zooming and stuff yet? also can you play flash videos? im goign to continue reading about it but im busy currently