1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ds lite cards

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by tony28, Oct 3, 2011.

1. tony28

tony28 Member

what card is best for a ds lite? what else do i need?

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

3. tony28

tony28 Member

what else do i need? or is it just a matter of putting games on it?

4. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

Akaio Firmware use winrar to extract it, put the folders on the micro sd card not in any other folder (i think when you choose extract here it puts it all in 1 folder, its the contents of that folder you need on the sd card excluding that folder on the root of the sd card, make life easier on yourself make a games folder on the root of the sd card and put the game files in there)

5. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

Acekard 2i is a good choose, here is a place to get it Acekard 2i It is very easy to use it. when you get this card, just download the firmware akaio V1.8.8 from here: http://www.acekard.com/download/akaio/AKAIO.1.8.8.zip then extract it, and put the files in your SD card, put some games in your SD card, then insert the ak2i and SD card into your DS console. power on and enjoy the games.

6. losi1961

losi1961 Member

i got the r4 after hearing great things about it

7. DxxS

DxxS Member

Im looking at getting an acekard for my DSL, im no noob at this kind of thing, have softmodded a wii and PSP, when using a flashcard is there any chance of bricking the DS, ie if i mess up putting the firmware on the card is there any real risk or would it just not work till I did it right?

Thanks,

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

the ORIGINAL r4 card was a good card for the ds with wood firmware it works flawlessly. once they got to the dsi the r4's were crap with loads of clones going about. now for round about the same price the acekard 2 is a very good card. and as far as i know you can't brick a ds lite but tbh its not rocket science putting the correct firmware on

9. DxxS

DxxS Member

Thanks Tongs, last question, am I correct in believing the acekard 2i will work with all DS models(depending on fireware on card)?

Thanks,

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i believe so. maybe a new one for 3ds but havent dabbled in a 3ds yet. but yeah acekard will do a normal ds up to a dsi xl depending in firmware as you say
    edit< i think if you just put the dsi firmware on it will work for the ds lite. good luck

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  11. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

last update had to files on, one for updating of ds lite one for updating of dsi/xl. currently no problems with running games of 3ds (EXECPT) 3dsw games