1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ds Rom transfer problem?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MM1980, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MM1980

MM1980 Member

Hi,

I am using the r4 chip which works fine, but recently i have had trouble with the back ups i want to load on. The back ups are in the form of winwar and when i go to unpack them to the DS a box jumps up telling me that the next file down is needed. The original download has about 13 win files and usually on one is needed but none of them work, if you understand what i am saying does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks

2. juniR

juniR Guest

If you are trying to extract from an archive (sequence of files created by winrar) then extract to the location where the files are first. Right click the first rar file and choose extract here. Then move the nds file over to the R4.

(Really you should trim the rom before adding to the R4 as well so you can save space. The rom trimmer is available on the R4 site.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  3. MM1980

MM1980 Member

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Its not the extraction before moving it to the Ds, its after. I try to drag it across to the Ds and starts to upload, than gets to about 6% and asked for another file, and so on till all 13 are asked for? Its a back up of Mario vs sonic and my freind has just told me he hasnt got a problem with his and only 1 file is needed?

4. juniR

juniR Guest

Get a different copy then ;)

5. MM1980

MM1980 Member

I Did think that but have already tried 3, and still the same prob, just thought it might be something i'm doing?

Thanks for all your help though.

6. juniR

juniR Guest

I can only assume you are double-clicking on a rar file which opens it up in winrar's browser and then you are dragging the .nds across to the R4 - that would mean your are trying to extract and move on the fly.

If you are moving the rar file to the R4 before extraction then that is bad practice. If you have an archive it's simpler to extract it where it is in any case. I tend to use right click and the intergrated shell command that comes up - "extract here". It's easy.

The game might well come as one compressed file or a compressed archive. It doesn't matter. Extract the .nds file to your PC BEFORE you move it. And like I say trimming will save you space.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  7. MM1980

MM1980 Member

You are right, i was trying to extract it straight to the r4 chip, thanks for the info, i will give that a go when i get in home from work. Thanks for all your help.