1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS user has lost his way and needs advice!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by TUX, Feb 5, 2007.

1. TUX

TUX Member

Hi Guys

I've got a DS lite and a 4MB flash card with a passcard. Its been collecting dust for a little while now and i think the most modern game i have on it is Super Mario

What normally happens is a download a bunch of ROMS from a newsgroup - unzip and transfer to the flash cart and hopefully play some new games! But recently (in fact the last 3-4 months) i've had 3 main problems i'm trying to overcome

1 - If i download a load of games and they all have filenames like sprpxb.nds etc and i dont know what the heck that game could be. Is there a decent ROM renamer program i can use?
    2 - More recent games dont seem to launch after uploading them, they just lock up or freeze. I assume this is because of protection or whatever. Can i somehow check this before uploading? If so how and with what?
    3 - If it is due to protection - how do i fix this? I assume i'll need to patch every protected ROM?

Thanks in advance guys :)

2. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

For the first one, right click the file and go to rename near the bottom.

As for the second and third, I have no idea, maybe your card is just to old to run them.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1: I don't know of any renamers that can read the game name and rename it, though there are probably some out there - i've just never needed them.

2: No way of checking if it will run before actually trying, unless you check online compatibility lists for your device (if any).

3: Depends what device you have, "4MB Flash card" dosn't really help :-(

4. TUX

TUX Member

I was using this renamer http://www.nintenren.com/
    but as you will see the last update was in 2005 :S

I have a G6 4G flast cart with a passcard if that helps
    I'm using G6 U-Disk manager to upload roms to the cart

any ideas guys?..

cheers

5. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

For the renamer thing, read my previous post, for the flash card, get a new one ;)
    M3 lite is best.