1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS/Wii Wifi USB Adapter Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by MILLIEN45, Mar 1, 2007.

1. MILLIEN45

MILLIEN45 Member

I wanted to know If there was a device similar to the usb/wifi that I can use to go online with my wii, or does It have to be the original one made by nintendo?

2. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

There are several places that I've seen which sell USB Wi-Fi Connectors, but I think the Wii will detect it as a Wi-Fi acess point instead of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. Honestly, I think it's best to get the Nintendo Wi-Fi connector, but, make sure you are not running ZoneAlarm, as it will never allow the Wii to connect to the internet even if you tell ZoneAlarm to allow the Wi-Fi connector to accept internet connections.

3. MILLIEN45

MILLIEN45 Member

OK, but I don't use zoneAlarm.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  4. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

You're fine then. Just make sure you tell your firewall to trust the Wi-Fi USB Connector.

5. Fadedone

Fadedone Member

hello i bought a ds/wii wifi usb connector and my problem is that when installing the software after it asks me to insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector it has and error well installing and asks for me to insert the connector even thou it has all ready been inserted.

6. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

What version of Windows are you using? Make sure you have windows XP. It's the only compatible os.

As for the rest, there are numerous ways to get onto the nintendo wifi WITHOUT the USB dongle that Nintendo sells.

If you're using a Macbook connected to a LAN line, you can enable port sharing out of the Airport wireless card. Configure the Wii/DS to use that signal and your golden. It works in Windows too but it's a little harder to setup. It works with a lot of different wireless cards and there are guides online for step-by-step help.

7. Fadedone

Fadedone Member

I'm using xp and i don't use zonealarm. im on a desktop pc.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007