1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dsi problem with r4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by djredboy, Oct 12, 2012.

1. djredboy

djredboy Member

hi all, hope someone can help me,dsi wont work,common problem it seems,i have dsi v1.4.4e and am using r4i v1.4.1 which is refusing to work, i have tried to upgrade on r4 website but keep getting same message[an error has occurred etc etc].this is my first post on forum so will be grateful for any help,i have been thinking of scrapping r4 card and getting acekard 2i but cant be certain i will be any better off,cheers

2. shalome

shalome Regular member

you need to update your r4 card to support the DSi V1.44. which r4 card do you have, what is the official site, is it the one from r4i-sdhc, similar to this one but not 3ds version: http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-sdhc-3ds-flashcart-for-your-ds-dsi-3ds-p-250.html if your card has released the update patch to support DSi V1,44, just use a ds console to do the update. and if you plan to buy a acekard 2i, make sure you buy a pre flashed one. so when you receive it, you dont need to update it, make sure it can work on your DSi V1,44 out of box.

3. djredboy

djredboy Member

thank you for your help,much appreciated, i am not very good with computers and still not sure what to do,my card is v1.4.1 so you are saying just borrow a ds and put my r4 card in it and update it then it should work. ok will try it and let you know, djredboy

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. djredboy

djredboy Member

thank you for your help i will try out what you suggest and let you know, once again many thanks for your help, djredboy

5. djredboy

djredboy Member

hi preety, i have tried what you said but it still wont work,borrowed ds but when i press upgrade it is telling me to restore r4i menu/flashr4 but they are already on my game chip, dont know what to do now, other than to buy new r4iflashcart v144, cheers djredboy