1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSM4 pro vs lite

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by JustTron, Feb 3, 2005.

1. JustTron

JustTron Guest

I'd like to begin by praising the site, I've been lurking for the better part of 3 months, and have never had the need to post as I've been able to find most problems just just looking around

I know the pro has the flash rom, and the lite doesn't...my question is:

what are the benefits of having the flash rom on the ps2 vs. not having it as the pro is a bit more costly

2. JustTron

JustTron Guest

*crickets chirping*

lil help...I am in the right section ain't I?

3. shine87

shine87 Member

Heres your answer
    "2MB flash in our design to accomodate future flash upgrades with enhancements and extra integrated features."

4. t0nyj0nes

t0nyj0nes Guest

The Pro has a 2mb flash, while the Lite has a 128kb. You need to flash the Pro chip with ToxicOS 0.1 and the Lite with Toxic Bios 1.1.

The thing that seperates these two chips is the difference between these two Os's.

ToxicOS provides a built in HdLoader type application, allowing you to boot games, homebrew and other media off of a hard drive.

The toxic bios cannot do this.

There are also other great things planned for the ToxicOS int he near future.

-Tony

5. JustTron

JustTron Guest

'preciate the info...will be goin with the pro...YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

...it's friday mayne, I'm up out dis bia biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

...nuthin like a lil premature jocularity

6. t0nyj0nes

t0nyj0nes Guest

Good choice, I'm preordering the DMS4 EZI PRO tonight.

Can't wait.

-Tony