1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT menu wont load.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by phazein, Jan 7, 2008.

1. phazein

phazein Member

I ordered the dstt and downloaded from http://download.ndstt.com/download/ttmenu_v1.07.zip loaded the english files and a few roms and no luck. I get a screen with lines going up and down. the bottom screen is almost the same besides the 9 little dots on the bottom left hand corn moving around. I tried to search google and youtube but no luck. Can someone please help me get this running? TIA

Also I see some people are saying that they only loaded 3 files? The zipped dl contains 151 files and I am loading 49 english files.

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

do u have an m3 or r4? Im guessing r4 since there was a usrcheat.dat file in there. But tell me anyways. Give me the exact name of ur product.

3. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

4. phazein

phazein Member

5. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

well then i cant help you. I have never heard of dstt. Sry for wastin ur time.

6. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Phazein, When you have downloaded V1.07 and unzipped, if you open the Folder named "eng" you will find a TTmenu folder, TTMENU dat file and TTMENU system file. Drag and drop or copy and paste these three files onto the micro sd card - these are the only files needed to run the dstt, very similar to the R4. any more probs I will try to help.

7. dumbz

dumbz Member

please dont buy they are a waste of money
    after puting all the games on the micro sd they wont load
    they just freeze on the loading screen
    there is a youtube vid how to fix but it doesnt work properly
    some memory cards are ok first time but most dont work properly
    even when you think the card works next time you turn it on it just freezes whilst loading. you will get sick of reformating the micro sd card over and over again (fat 32' saving the sav files 'formating then puting all the games back on and then the save files 'as per the youtube vid) (im using the latest firmware 1.07 and have tryed kingston integral and peak micro sd's)
    iv used r4 and m3 simplys before and they are superb
    but stay away from these dstt's
    i had one working for 2 days no problems then the dreded freezing on loading
    be warned

8. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

dumbz - yes thats EXACTLY whats been happening to mine. Unfortunately I didnt order these dstt, they were delivered instead of the R4. Because they were xmas pressies I had to persevere and found they worked better with 1 gb kingston cards and leaving lots more freespace (loaded about 17 roms)or 2 gb cards again lots of freespace. My daughters dstt has been working great since xmas with 2gb card and 30 roms - but a lot of hassle I could have done without!!

9. dumbz

dumbz Member

yes mate your right if you use 2gb card only put 20 to 30 games on instead of 40 to 60
    ang they semm to be slightly better
    the dstt team better hope a new firmware update cures it
    or they will be out of buisness soon

10. Flight66

Flight66 Member

I have 2 DSTT and the one thats been working properly was formated FAT not FAT32 like some sites or that YouTube video says. Its worked fine for me.

But another thing to consider is that the DSTT you have may be defective. The second one I bought unfortunately is. I get a "ttmenu.sys" error when using the same microSD card from the working DSTT I do have. Also, the defective card will only play one game no matter what i choose. It seems to be whatever the last working rom that was registered.

I would have stayed away from the DSTT had I known this. Games do load very quickly though.

11. jscheiben

jscheiben Member

I have currently switched from the R4 to the DSTT and have been very happy with it, i did in fact run into the freezing issue but what i found was that the contacts were not 100% contacting, folding up a small piece of paper and putting it between the game cart and ds(back side of cart) actually remedied this problem. I have approx 30+ games on this card, formatted Fat32 and no problems as of right now. I'm using a 2gb Kingston card made in Japan (part number sd-c02g) without issue.

12. westi2002

westi2002 Member

I just received my DSTT yesterday, but somehow it does not work.
    I get the message: "There is no DS card inserted"

I formatted the micro card with FAT32, downloaded version 1.09 zip archive from the maker's site and unpacked this archive on the micro card.
    The file TTmenu.sys is not included in this archive, so I found a new archive somewhere on the net and extracted the 2 files and folder to the micro disc.

The game files, which I got from a friend who has a R4, I placed in the root folder of the micro card.

I think I did everything right, but still it does not work.
    Oh, the micro card is a 1GB Kingston.

13. bracken01

bracken01 Member

I too have the problem of the menu freezing on the DSTT and as I have purchased 4 of them each with 4gb mciro SD cards I would love for the DSTT people to get this sorted if it is in fact a DSTT fault. I used to use R4 card before purchasing DSTT and never had any problems. Does anyone know if there is an updated download with a patch to fix this problem? Thanks heaps..

14. geordie64

geordie64 Member

For all those unfortunate DSTT owners who have a:

"there is no DS card inserted"

screen come up when they put in their DSTT card, the reason is because of a loose connection with one of the chips on the DSTT Board.

Follow this link for more insight. - http://tecno507.blogspot.com/

Basically, I had this problem with my DSTT card too. I bought mine in HK and it was working. Then one day, it just decided to die on me. And the shop keeper told me to buy this one too! (instead of what i originally wanted, which was the R4!).

But, having read the blog above, I realised what the problem was.

Be warned. you will need to open up your DSTT card. preferably with a sharp thin knife.

Once opened, there is a (sorry, I don't know the technical term) square rectangular chip at the top right hand corner of the DSTT card. It is this that is loosely connected to the PCB board. You can read the blog above and follow his method of fixing it.

My method of fixing it was to cut up small squares from a small piece of paper, stick them onto a corner of DSTT white plastic case which you would have just taken off, and use this to apply pressure to the chip.

Close up the DSTT, selotape it together and hey presto, the DSTT card started working for me.

Now it looks REALLY Cheap.....but at least i got mine working. hope this helps.

15. heureuse

heureuse Member

I have always used R4 and decided to buy a DSTT to try out ...
    my question is, you know have the R4 offers you 3 menus (Games, Multimedia & Boot Slot-2)
    does the DSTT have the same features? cause when i load it up, all i see is the lists of games & no other options like the R4

16. Xaritah

Xaritah Member

go to youtube.com and type DSTT there are some guys there that theach how to put things in a dstt card... and to fix it if it dosent work

17. bracken01

bracken01 Member

Thanks for all the replies...I now appear to have solved the problem as no freezing of the menu for over a week now thanks to some wonderful person who posted this on the internet..

1. Format card as FAT (not FAT32)
    2. Put on latest software [v1.09] 2007-03-16
    3. Put all games into a "Games" folder (not straight into the root directory)

Also ensure you dont power off then straight on again - wait 10 seconds and definitely don't power off while saving.

Hope this helps others as it definitely has worked for me so far :)

18. bracken01

bracken01 Member

Also...if you dont have the option of formating the dirve as FAT I have set out below what to do

Start
    Settings
    Control Panel
    Administrative Tools
    Computer Management
    Disk Management
    Right click on drive you wish to format
    Select FAT

This should do the trick...worked a treat for me :)

19. tingsin86

tingsin86 Member

20. ttds

ttds Member

that what i have