1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS preview not working in DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by enigmafy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. enigmafy

enigmafy Member

I can't seem to hear audio when I select DTS on the preview in DVD Shrink. I have Power DVD 5 installed and DTS works fine... allthough it is somewhat choppy, perhaps my sound card needs a new driver.

Does anyone know how to get DTS to work on DVD Shrink?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You didn't say what version you are using. Try playing the movie for a few seconds before starting DVshrink. Also make sure you have version 3.13
    Jerry

3. enigmafy

enigmafy Member

The version I am using is the latest 3.1.3

What do you mean, by playing the movie before starting DVD Shrink?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Just start the movie with your player software(PowerDVD, WinDVD) for a few seconds like you are going to watch the movie. Then stop it and start Shrink up and click open disc. This usually works unless you have other problems too.
    Jerry

5. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

DTS? I burnt a movie with only the dts soundtrack for my 5.1's, and ofcourse it will only work thru a dts decoder, not thru the tv.

Do you have a dts capable s/card, because as far as i know you won't be able to hear it without a dts decoder, just because dolby digital comes up on power dvd doesn't mean it's playing the dts s/track, most likely the usual 5.1 s/track.

I could be wrong here, if i am please someone set us all straight.

Bailey

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

DVD Shrink will only output DTS via S/PDIF (digital output on your audio card if it has one).
    This then needs to be plugged into a DTS decoder or DTS-capable home cinema amp. ;)

7. enigmafy

enigmafy Member

Well I got the proper cables, (my S/PDIF is optical on my sound card, but my receiver only has coaxial so I had to buy a optical to coaxial converter). Now I am able to get correct 5.1, but unfortunately my 5.1 Desktop Theatre speakers doesn't have a DTS decoder, so I can't hear it in DTS...

But what is weird is that when I play it in DTS I can hear some audio (a phone ringing or tires screeching) but I can't hear the actors talking?

Anyway, problem solved: "a DTS decoder receiver is still required" (I thought the sound card would decode it... I guess not?)

8. tongx

tongx Guest

guys, im a new user of dvd shrink, i use the re-author,.and drop down all the extras, i just copied the menu and the main movie., when i check the dvd that i burn, u cant move the thing in main menu, theres no highlight in the play movie,scene selection,deleted scenes.. i cant move it.. plsease help guys,thanx...

9. enigmafy

enigmafy Member

Tongx, you should start a new thread... as this one does not apply to your question.

Anyway...
    You can't do what you want to do with DVD Shrink... you will need other programs like "DVDDecryptor", "Ifoedit" and "VOBRator" (all free) to spicificaly delete unwanted material while keeping a functioning menu.

Check out www.doom9.org for specifics in Guides

The process is time consuming... I've tried it and I don't think it is worth the effort...(thats just my opinion) just copy the movie only with dvd shrink, if you want the bonus features then copy the whole movie without unwanted audio - but if compression is bellow 60% then I would copy the movie only and perhaps put the extras that I would want after it (you can watch the extras after the movie and fastforward them to get to the next one, etc... - but you won't have a menu)

please don't respond in this thread... start a new one inorder to keep the forum organized.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2004