1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by guitar1, Dec 10, 2004.

1. guitar1

guitar1 Member

Very new to this and would appreciate any help.
    I have copied a few dvd's using the guides along with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and in most case been successful.

I do however have question about the DTS settings in both programs. I would prefer to just make backup of the main movie BUT have DTS. It seems that if I copy a movie WITHOUT DTS its fine, but a movie like Kill Bill I for example skips and jumps on my DVD player.
    The problem only seems to occur near the end of the movies or at least in the back few chapters.

I have done a search in the forums and someone mentioned you have to have BOTH DTS and 5.1 copied or the DTS won't work?????

I thank you guys in advance for any help you can give.

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Actually, your skipping and jumping is likely caused by a poorer grade of media. Cheap discs(cheap quality, not necesarilly cheap price) often have poor die distribution at the edge of the discs, which can prevent it from playing properly when trying to watch it. One way around this is to set the target size in shrink to about 4360MB to keep the burn away from the edge of the disc. Another way around this is to always use high quality media. Remember that cost has no bearing on quality. Quality media can often be found for far less money than alot of the crap stuff.