1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 7474, Mar 27, 2005.

1. 7474

7474 Member

When i back up my movies i re-author and just copy the film - i just got I Robot which is in DTS - when i make a back up in re- author the tracks are not there when i play it back only 5.1 - can you only back DTS up using full back up or can you do it in re- author ?
    Thanks for your help.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

The DTS soundtrack is unchecked by default. If you want this soundtrack on your backup, make sure to check it and uncheck the rest of the soundtracks(for less compression). I suggest if you insist on keeping the DTS track you only back up the main title to compensate for the amount of space this will take up.

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

I'm not a DTS man by any means but I was under the impression that there needs to be an ac3 soundtrack included as well or it won't function....ie no audio is recognized by the player. Could anyone clarify this to be true or false?

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I have this thread saved in my favorites just so that I don't forget what audio's I would like to keep. I don't know if this will be much help, but as far as audio goes, it let's you know which to keep for your personal preferences.

Scuba Pete Thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/170921

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

As long as you have a receiver with a DTS decoder, having this as the only soundtrack is fine. Since the standard is dolby(all dvd players have dolby decoders), all commercial DVDs are required to have at least one soundrack that is dolby. The receiver is what decodes [bold]dolby digital and DTS[/bold] signals via a coax or optic cable. A lot of the older DVDs with DTS have 2.0 dolby soundtrack at the very least. Nowadays, with the improvements of compression and the availability of DVD9 both Dolby EX and DTS ES can be on the same disc along with other soundtracks. I personally prefer DTS myself and when there is little to no compromise on compression, I will back up DVDs with the dts soundtrack only.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

7. 7474

7474 Member

Thanks very much for the help everyone -