1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUAL LAYER - BLANK MEDIA

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by pa104inf, Mar 18, 2005.

1. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

Who makes the best DUAL-LAYER BLANK Media and where can I buy it?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

This is my opinion and the best made now is Verbatim. You can get them from www.rima.com or www.meritline.com or other online stores. Just Google for the blank media

3. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

But don't use ebay, very reliable if you want fakes

4. rheedles

rheedles Member

I recently used Verbatim dual layer blank dvds and copied 3 movies. All play fine until like 40min into the movie, then they pixelise then freeze. You have to skip like 1 or 2 chapters til u find a section that plays ok.. Somebody in another forum said its usually crappy media that causes it,if this is the case, what other media brands can u recommend. Help i have no idea......

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Did you burn at 4x? Do you defrag regularly? What program did you use for burning your dl backups? Have you updated your firmware?

6. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

Rheedles,I have had the same problem in the past.Actually I am still having that problem.I have tried 2 different types of media,verbatim and imation in the DL format and I have had exactly the same thing happen.
    In a movie I backed up recently I thought I had a winner.Alas, it all went pear shaped straight after the layer break.The first half of the movie was perfect but after that it was all down hill.I didnt remove the layer break to give myself an idea what was happening.I also didnt remove the prohibited user options as I didnt want to mess with things at all.
    I burnt at 2.4X as well.I have all but given up on the DL stuff.I backed up a movie which I had to use 60% compression the other day and I couldnt tell the difference between that and the original.Testimony to Shrink I suppose.
    It would be good to use that DL burner that I shelled out a $100 for though.
    I will probably keep persisting.I also want to give the new Decryptor another go at it and see what happens.

Cheers,

MervinJ

7. cruester

cruester Member

I think Verbatim is the best too. I can burn movies at 6x on 2.4x discs with no problems. I've also used Ridata with great results but could only burn at 4x.