1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual layer burner trouble with burning second layer!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by midnite32, Jan 3, 2005.

1. midnite32

midnite32 Member

I got the IOMAGIC internal dual layer dvd burner. I need some help because I need to know if it's the burner or the software. Thanks for your help.

Here's the situation:

I ripped a DVD using cladDVD xp to my HD. Then, I used Nero 6.6 to burn it to Dual layer using the Verbatim dual layer DVD+Rs. What happens is that...nero will burn the first layer flawlessly then once it gets into layer 2, there's an error and it stops. This has happened twice using Nero and once using DVD Shrink.

I just updated my firmware. hopefully that will help my next effort.

I am going to try creating an ISO file of the DVD to burn in DVD decrypter next. Just one question, are ISO files suppose to be as large as the size of the original file? Like my DVD total size is 7.05 GB and the ISO file came out to 4.2GB. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Syxx_Nyne

Syxx_Nyne Member

just a word of advice try clonedvd2 and anydvd burns dvd9
    aka dual layer flawlessly
    -And about ur ISO question the ISO file should be the exact size as the dvd if its not ur program is
    compressing it and thats why its no burning the second layer of ur disc

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Decrypter should be the only program that you need. The newest version supports dual layer burning. Just use Mode ISO Read to rip it, then go to Mode ISO Write to burn it.

If you are going to use Shrink to rip and encode your video for dual layer disc, click edit>preferences>target size=DVD9.
    If you don't do that, it's going to compress it to fit a single layer for you.