1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUAL LAYER BURNERS, CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN SOMETHING

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PCASSO, Apr 1, 2005.

1. PCASSO

PCASSO Member

Hi,

I'm a wrinkly old newbie, so please be gentle!!!

I have a DVD burner which is a "DUAL LAYER" burner.
    In my simple ways, I take it to mean that the burner can in fact place twice as much data onto a suitable 2 layer dvd disc as a single layer would.

Am I basically correct in my thinking?

If I am, is there someway that a DVD movie disk, with all it's extra features etc, trailers, interviews etc, can be burned in it's entirety straight from a PC dvd player to a dual layer disc in a dual layer burner?

Ok,OK, I am probably being a silly person, but like I said, I'm wrinkly, and a newbie, so have some pity and be kind to me, indulge my stupidity even!!! lOl!

Seriously, am I missing something very simple, or is it more a question of the copying software not keeping up with the rapid developments and relatively cheap new burners now available?

One other issue, please? Have you more experienced hands noticed any difficulties using an external burner using USB 2?

Thank you guys and dolls, I will be very grateful for all advice, relating to copying dvd's of course!!

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

Your pretty much right, dual layer means as you said that an extra layer can be burned onto a dual layer disc.However a full dvd with all its menus can fit onto a normal DVD and doesnt require dual layer burning.There is loads of info and guides on this site that will take you through the whole process.Have a look in the guides section for all the software etc. that is needed.
    Hope that helps

3. PCASSO

PCASSO Member

THANK YOU HAIMBECK!!

Yes, I am reading as many of the guides as I can, but none of them mention the newer dual layer DVD burners or disks.

It just seems like a good idea if you can simply record an entire DVD disc and not have to remove any part of it.

Thank you again for your very quick response, I appreciate it!!

pcasso

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

5. PCASSO

PCASSO Member

THANK YOU CAR.MIKE!!!

I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!!

PCASSO