1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layer burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stalag305, Jan 8, 2005.

1. stalag305

stalag305 Member

Can anyone help me on backing up a movie from dual layer to single (if possible) or do I need dual layer media? also is there a guide for us newbies for backing up a dual layer disc? Thank you in advance.

2. colw

colw Active member

The majority of new movies are in DVD9 format - i.e., they are over 4.7Gb in size.

In order to burn them to a single layer disk, you need a program to compress it.

DVD Shrink (free) is one such program that will do this.

The program and guides can be accessed/download using the appropriate tabs at the top of this page.

3. stalag305

stalag305 Member

Ok here is what's going on. Using Shrink and Nero I am backing up Apocolypse Resident Evil. Open disk and 15% of analysis it states data cycle redundancy check and spits out the disk. The movie is new and seems to have no scratches- I have burned other movies without any trouble. I jsut thought maybe I needed dual layer media?

4. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

have you tried using the latest anydvd 4.5.1.1 and clonedvd. or you can use anydvd 4.5.1.1 with dvdshrink. anydvd breaks the new sony protection on it.

5. colw

colw Active member

There are over 500 posts and a dozen threads re this movie - try the search button at top of page.

You need to download latest version of Decrypter for starters.

6. sakmd

sakmd Member

Have you tried ripping the files w/ Decrypter and then using shrink? I haven't tried RE, but I've read in other forums w/ people having issues w/ the title. I think mainly with the encryption of RE. However, most seem to have resolved their various issues by using the latest version of Decrypter (released earlier in the week). Perhaps this may resolve your problem. If not, then perhaps getting another copy of RE and trying that.

7. sakmd

sakmd Member

colw..

looks like you beat me to the decrypter suggestion. :p :) didn't see your post as i started my own.

8. stalag305

stalag305 Member

Thanks, Decrypter,Shrink and Nero did the trick.
    Thanks again for your input