1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer DVD and HD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pirkster, Oct 4, 2004.

1. pirkster

pirkster Member

How would I use my home PC to compress my Dual Layer DVD game into a playable format on my PS2 hard drive using HD Loader?

Is it as simple as converting the DVD to an image (using Decrypt, Shrink, or other software) on my PC's hard drive, then coping it straight to my PS2 hard drive (by removing the PS2 hdd and connecting it directly to my PC.)

I don't use mod chips, and I don't have a DVD burner - so I'm not interested in doing an actual DVD burn.

Is this all that needs to be done, or is there patching that must happen, or am I just SOL?

2. pirkster

pirkster Member

Sorry for the typo - I'm using HD Advance. Thx

3. pirkster

pirkster Member

Well... I suppose from the silence there just aren't very many folks on this forum who use HD Advance to backup and own a DVD-9 game like me. I guess that's because most people use modded PS2s (unlike me) and there are only a couple DVD-9 games (like Madden 05 Collector's) out there.

I found my answer on a ps2ownz forum, so if anyone has the same issue as I did they can find the answer there.