1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer DVD Ripping Question

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by javisan, May 21, 2007.

1. javisan

javisan Member

Hi, I've been ripping my movies as ISO images using DVD Decrypter and then burning them straight to Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R (also using decrypter).

I wanted to know if these copies I am making are 100% the same image quality (exact copies; absolutly no degradation due to the ripping process) as the originals that are being backed up.

Thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The only degrading you may encounter would be from a bad burner or poor media.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Can't say for DVD Decrypt but if shrink is anything to go by it should be fine,then again what does it matter if they are backups of the original

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@javisan

If you are using anyDVD to get by DRMs and have it set to remove warnings and start the movie on insertion, then yes it's not 100%. But it may be a better disc. Certainly the picture quality hasn't changed unless there is a problem as dialysis 1 suggests.

You may also want to switch to ImgBurn for the DL back ups. But if you are not having problems then that's a hard sell.

5. javisan

javisan Member

Thank you for all your comments.

I'll keep on using DVD Decrypter since it is working fine (+ no burner and media problems). I just wanted to make sure I didn't loose any image quality because of the method/software I used.

thanks again.