1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by tb7025, Mar 11, 2005.

1. tb7025

tb7025 Member

Just a topic of discussion. Does anyone see the cost of DL DVD's going done in the near future? Also, is there anywhere you can buy DL DVD's cheap?

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

The cheapest I've seen is at supermediastore.com - Ritek at $5.99 a pop. That's down from $10 for 1 verbatim which are now $8. Still way to pricey for me. Give it some they should get cheaper eventually.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

bbmayo, have you used a lot of those discs you mentioned? How have they worked out for you? I've seen a lot of compaints on these for whatever reason.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No I havent used that brand of Dual Layer disk, and to be honest I haven't heard of any of them being very good. At least most don't play in people's stand alone DVD players. The ones that I did use were some Verbatim Dual Layer just to try out the whole dual layer thing, those seemed to work well for me at least they play in my stand alone players, but it just isn't cost effective right now. My back ups on a single layer disk look just as good as the ones made on the dual layer so I don't even bother...

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Verbatims seem like the way to go right now. Until they are reasonable price wise(hopefully by 3rd quarter), I too will stick with single layer for the vast majority of my backups.

7. tb7025

tb7025 Member

Thanks all, I think I going to wait and try it out later when the price is more affordable.