1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layer dvds

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Bounty21, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Bounty21

Bounty21 Member

does the the new pioneerA05 supports ripping dual layers dvds and also i heard that the A04 supports that is that true?

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Yes. nost DVD-ROMs do.

3. Bounty21

Bounty21 Member

Well i meant does the new A05 support burning the dual layer dvds?

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

None of them do. Nice if they did tho.

5. Dentz

Dentz Member

does anyone know how long it will be until theres a dvd burner avalible that will burn dual layer dvds, and whereabouts can i get dual layer dvd's from. many thanks.

6. johnrit

johnrit Guest

<<does anyone know how long it will be until theres a dvd burner avalible that will burn dual layer dvds, and whereabouts can i get dual layer dvd's from. many thanks. >>

Never. well most likely never. Dual layered discs are pressed, not burned with a laser like our DVD+r's do. And these people talking about the A05 supporting dual layers, uhmm NO, its dual-SIDED and ANY DVD+R will do that uhmm because its just that, double-sided, (in other words, no side to write on with a pen) both sides are data sides.. you will have to flip over the disc if you throw an entire dvd-9 movie on it obviously. People are getting dual layer and dual sided mixed up. For end users, dual sided will be the future, dual layer in a DVD+R drive ? Not in the next 20 yrs anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2003
  7. Dentz

Dentz Member

ok

Last edited: Jan 7, 2003