1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BLS8, Mar 22, 2005.

1. BLS8

BLS8 Guest

I have burned losts of DVD + R's (Memorex) and never had a problem using them in my dvd player. I burned a double layer DVD + R (again Memorex) recently and everytime I try and play it, my dvd player says "disk error". Does anyone know why this might be happening? My playstation 2 plays it fine.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi what apps did you use? and procedure?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

A lot of players are just not capable of playing dual layer disks right now. another reason to not switch just yet not to mention the price.. :)

4. BLS8

BLS8 Guest

I used nero to back up the dvd to a dual layer dvd. I have backed up several dvd's in which my dvd player has not had any problems playing them. The only difference is that the one I am having a problem with playing in my dvd player is a dual layer dvd that I burned. I bought my dvd player about a month and a half ago, so I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with my dvd player or a problem with the burn. This is the first dual layer that I have burned. Is there an issue with dvd players playing copyied dual layers????

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I could swear I just answered that in the previous post???

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi the only info i know for this are...

if its + you can change the bookytpe i think in dvd decrypter, also was a 1 to 1 copy useing a MDS file ?

also what burner you got?

[​IMG]

i wonder why there are more options for compatibility in the LITEON section? hehehe....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005