1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dual layer freezing please help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kr2004, Jul 7, 2007.

1. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

have you ever burned a dual layer disc if so how do you stop it from freezing, my dvd freezes half way, im trying to burn a dual layer dvd with two dance programmes, they are fitting fine, i burned with liquid 6 and the dvd i used was RIDISC dvd+r DL

i made a iso with dvd shrink then i burned it with dvd decrypter but the second is still freezing, disc im using isRIDISC dvd+r DL burnt at 2x speed

please help thanks

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

3. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

hi there i downloaded the free ap, but i get a message saying this:

optical L1 zone start LBA: none found!(VTS_01)
    This image has been mastered correctly for burning on to double layer(OPT track path) disc.
    none of the cells meet the dvd-video cells specification criteria for a potentioal layer break position
    do you want to continue anyway?

i didn't continue because i don't understand, i put a dual layer disc and its 7 gb, whats the prob?

please reply
    thanks

4. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

pls reply
    thanks

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

kr2004

It looks like there maybe a problem with the way the image was created and this maybe the reason why.

You shouldn't use shrink if you plan on doing a full movie backup (no compression) and then want to burn the file/s to dual layer media. Shrink is best suited for DVD-9 to DVD-5 backups.

Lets start over and take a different approach or two.

1) Download DVDFab decrypter HD (free) and install it.
    Link for download http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=HDDECRYPTER

2) Use DVDFab to rip the video files to your hard drive doing a full movie backup, you can have it create an ISO image file.

3) Now use Imgburn to burn the image to your dual layer disk.

Another option is, if DVD shrink was able to do this movie, then so might DVD decrypter.

1) Use DVD decrypter in ISO read mode to rip the video files to your hard drive, DVD decrypter should create an ISO image file of the movie.

2) Use DVD decrypter in ISO write mode to burn the ISO image to your dual layer media. Not sure, but if two files are created (an ISO image file and a .MDS file), point decrypter to the .MDS file, it contains all the info need to burn the image to disk correctly.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  6. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

hi i have menus on the videos too, shrink compressed my files, so now i have re-made the iso disc i burnt it straight from the editing suite to iso, i have also burnt vob files in a seperate folder. Im following your instructions now, i have downloaded the dvdfab, and now from the vob files with this programme im creating a Iso image file. Then with Imgburn i will try and burn it to see if it works.
    i'll let you know

thanks

7. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

its still not working i made the iso with dvdfab then tried to burn with imburn but the same messages comes up

optical L1 zone start LBA: none found!(VTS_01)
    This image has been mastered correctly for burning on to double layer(OPT track path) disc.
    none of the cells meet the dvd-video cells specification criteria for a potentioal layer break position

please reply

8. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

more info the dvd freezes after 3 hours, midway of the second dance performance.

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

kr2004

Is this a movie that you made or is it a store bought DVD you're trying to backup?

It looks like the video files are being created incorrectly if you're still getting the same error.

Try this suggestion:
    Or..

Use DVDFab again to rip the video files to your HDD (Whole movie backup), have it create the standard video file types (ie.. .bup, .ifo, .vob), then run Imgburn and use the BUILD mode to create the ISO image file, then burn it to disk. If you need to know how to use the build mode to create the image file, you can use the guides link I gave above to show you.

10. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

hi the footage im trying to burn is not a dvd from the store, its a project im trying to export from my timeline on my editing suite.

11. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

hi i tried dcrypter way i tried to make the dvd a iso, but the dycrypter didn't go far then 63%, i think this is because the disc is the one that freezes half way.

Can't do it from the hdd, because i already have the files (vobs) on the harddrive?

Try this suggestion:
    Or..

Use DVDFab again to rip the video files to your HDD (Whole movie backup), have it create the standard video file types (ie.. .bup, .ifo, .vob), then run Imgburn and use the BUILD mode to create the ISO image file, then burn it to disk. If you need to know how to use the build mode to create the image file, you can use the guides link I gave above to show you.[/quote]

12. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

i can't rip from any disc becasue i have yet successfully burnt the dvd, but i have the files on the harddrive but i know how to open them as a whole or within the folder on dycrypter.

help

13. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I don't know how your suite creates the video files, but there mabe a compliance issue.

You state above that you already have the files on your hard drive (vobs), are you saying that you only have .vob files or also have .ifo and .bup files as well?.. this does make a difference.

If you only have .vob files, then ifoedit will be needed to create corresponding .bup and .ifo files to make the video DVD compliant.

If the files on your hard drive are .vob, .ifo, and .bup, lets see if running them thru FixVTS will make a difference.

Here you can get FixVTS (free) and a simple guide on use:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/fixvts_guide.cfm

Try processing the files thru FixVTS, then use imgburn in Build mode to create an ISO file, then burn the file to disk using imgburn. FixVTS should help with making the files DVD compliant, which may solve the problem with the layer break and freezing.

Vobblanker or ifoedit can also be used to do this, but FixVTS is the easiest to use.

14. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

15. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

ok i can't seem to show you the picture but says

1/O: Error
    Device: 40.00 SONY DVD RW-G120A MYS2 (E:) (ATA)
    ScsiStatus:0x02
    interpretation check condition
    CDB: 2800 00 2A 01 00 00 00 01 00
    interpretation read 10(sector: 2752768

sense Area....
    interpretation LEC uncorrectable error

16. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

please reply
    thanks

17. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

18. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

It looks like the layer break issue is gone after using FixVTS:)

Your current problem appears to be a media issue. Your burner may not be liking the brand of media you're trying to use, so to try and correct this...try

1) A firmware update (from MYS2 to MYS6), you can get it here:
    http://www.toshibaer.com/~rpc1/Sony_DW-G120A_Original/MYS6WIN.EXE

or

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2246

Just download and run the file to update to MYS6.

2) Try another brand of media, I suggest Verbatim 2.4X dual layer disks.

19. kr2004

kr2004 Guest

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou
    the firmware worked like a charm and now the dvd doesn't freeze on the player :):)

me happy
    although another player of my mine said no disc when i inserted the dual layer disc
    its yakumo is there anyway i can make it play dual layer?

20. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You're welcome:)
    Glad you stuck with it, some just give up.

NOW:
    Is the player old? Older (as well as some newer ones) players can be very picky as to what media they like, you can try and booktype the disk as a DVD-ROM to increase compatibility. Booktyping can only be applied to DVD+R disks and it's a feature your burner must support. If you're using imgburn it can be used to apply bootyping to the disk and label it as a DVD-ROM so the player will recognize it as a DVD-ROM and play it.

Here is some info on it as well as a guide on how to set it, the guide shows it using DVD decrypter, but I believe it's the same with imgburn, the programs are similar.
    http://www.booktypefaq.com/

This guide is for imgburn booktyping
    http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/set_booktype_with_imgburn_page1.html

If you can't apply booktyping for what ever reason, get a player that supports all formats and you should have no problem playing anything in it.

Cheers
    John.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007