1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nabila, Nov 28, 2004.

1. nabila

nabila Member

Hey everybody, hows it going. Feels good to be back into the scene. Been out of the PS2 modding scene for a year now. Fried my ps2 bfr, but got a new motherboard now, and got it modded. Got a 40 pack dvd-r pack, and planning to get a dvd-burner real soon. So a lot has happened in a year i presume. I've been hearing stuff about hdd loaders and dual layer games. Dont really think i will get the hdd loader cuz it requires network unit, but whats this stuff about dual layer games. Is this true? Have i heard wrong? There are dual layer games now? Update me.

2. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

hehe yeah, but good news is that there're very few of them. check this site and look for the red DVD9 labels. those are the dual layer games so far i think:
    http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

3. nabila

nabila Member

Nice list xxONExx.
    The first game that I want to burn is MetalGearSolid3. Is that dual layer? Doesnt seem to be on the list. Can i burn that on normal 4.7gb dvd-r?

4. billid

billid Guest

nabila,

MetalGearSolid3 is not on dual layer. I just burned it yesterday. So yeah, you can burn it on DVD-R 4.7 gig.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2004
  5. nabila

nabila Member

how bout gta: san andreas?

6. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

san andreas is 4.18gig that made me happy too =)

7. nabila

nabila Member

Nice, thanks everyone.

8. xp_gamer

xp_gamer Member

Hello I have a modded ps2 and have been burning games using dvd decryter and they work awesome but now I have madden 2005 collectors edition and the guy game images on my computer and some dual layer disc and I tried to burn madden to a dl disc and it started to work in my ps2 it gave me the ps2 logo and then the screen went blank I don't really want to waste the $5 discs trying it over and over again have any of you burned dl games that worked is there a special way.

9. radiomoon

radiomoon Guest

most ps2 games are still the single layered cds. But if you're on the Xbox, the majority are iso's on a dual layer. in my opinion, its just easier to own a ps2. haha.

10. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

i must give you props xpgamer for using the search tool and continue this thread instead of starting another one =)

anyways, what kind of modchip you have. because some chips don't support dual layer.

11. xp_gamer

xp_gamer Member

I have a dms3 v2 modchip professionally installed and updated to version 2.3 bios