1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Layer Imgburn issue

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nanook07, Mar 12, 2007.

1. nanook07

nanook07 Member

I was able to rip a movie in as an ISO file using DVD Fab. Then I went to ImageBurn and it would not let me burn the 4.9 GB file to a dual layer disk....the error read something like "the ISO file was not in Dual Layer format??"

any advice?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

DL disks need to know where the break is for the double layer. your ISO is for a DVD5 (single sided blank DVD) not for a DVD9 (DL blank DVD) so of course ImgBurn will give you that error! use a DVD5 with ImgBurn to burn that iso file!

3. nanook07

nanook07 Member

then in order to burn to a DL...I should not rip it in as an ISO file (via DVD Fab)? What should I rip it in as in order for Imagburn to recognize and burn?

thanks for your help!!

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

rip full DVD! menus, everything! a DL disk will take over 7GB of DVD so you can make a 1:1 copy without compression!! exact duplicate of the DVD that you want to copy!

5. nanook07

nanook07 Member

so I use the feature of Full Disk of DVD Fab and rip in the movie...then goto Imagburn and add video folder and burn?

that simple? (assuming their is no encription / protection issues)

6. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

yes, yes, and...............................????????????????????ummmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????????????????yes!

have fun!

ps
    for the size of your file, you probably should have shrinked it to a DVD5(to about 4.5g).DL's are still a bit pricey. unless you have a "spare no expense" approach to backing up your stuff.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  7. nanook07

nanook07 Member

"ps
    for the size of your file, you probably should have shrinked it to a DVD5(to about 4.5g).DL's are still a bit pricey. unless you have a "spare no expense" approach to backing up your stuff. "

- but if something happens to my origional...I would like a good video copy of it..vs. one that is only like 70% of what it could be...

thanks for your advice